For individual, group or family appointments , please click here
AM Dietetics offers a range of Services in addition to individual appointments.
- workplace health and corporate healthy living days
- teaching and lecturing
- social media, writing and promotion
Please read below for more details on each of these :
Workplace Health and Corporate Healthy Living Days
The growing prevalence of chronic diseases in The United Kingdom is having an impact not only on individuals but also on UK businesses. A 2013 report showed that on average, UK workers miss 9.1 days of work per year due to sickness, nearly double the amount that workers in the US take at 4.9 days of sickness per year, four times more than their counterparts in Asia Pacific (2.2 days) and still higher than Western Europe (7.3 days).
Employers can bear the costs of chronic diseases and ill health. Did you know that sickness and absenteeism costs UK companies £29 billion each year?
According to the Office of National Statistics, the main causes of sickness absence in the UK are:
•Musculoskeletal conditions – i.e. neck and back pain
•Minor illnesses like the common cold
•Mental health issues including depression, anxiety and stress
All of these can be related in some way to poor diet.
Poor diet can impact the workplace, not just through absenteeism but also through poor performance, poor cognition and fatigue.
More and more employers are now investing in workplace wellness programs.
The advantages of investing in workplace health include
- increased productivity
- higher staff morale
- higher retention rates
- reduced accidents at work
- reduced absenteeism.
AM Dietetics offers the following services to boost your company’s productivity:
- individual consultations – full sessions or mini MOT
- seminars and nutrition workshops – tailored to meet the needs of your staff
- nutrition articles and communications
- workplace canteen review
Please contact Anne for more details
Teaching and Lecturing
Are you looking for a credible and dynamic speaker for your next program, meeting, workshop or wellness event? Anne offers group seminars and education sessions- for the public, businesses and health professionals.
Anne is an experienced and sought after lecturer and public speaker, who will entertain and inform your audience. She is a fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy and has a postgraduate diploma in education, (Aus).
Anne’s most recent speaking and lecturing experience includes:
- Mental Health and Diet- Australian Veterans Association
- Dietitians and Social Media – King’s College University, London
- Diet and Menopause
- Food and Mood
- Nutrition for the elderly
- Adolescence and nutrition
- Dietetic Careers – John Moores University, Liverpool, UK
- Module teaching – University of Chester, UK
- Professional Perspectives (Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Professional Perspectives in Human Nutrition
- Clinical Medicine and Pharmacology
- Nutritional Management of Diabetes Across the Lifespan
- Therapeutics and Diabetes
- The Health Care Scientist and Patient Care.
Please contact Anne for more details on speaking sessions for your organisation
Social Media, Writing and Promotion
Anne has a love for helping people find their best way to healthy eating, for clinical practice and for Nutrition Communications in the form of print, social media and presenting. In the UK, Anne appeared in articles in Weight Watcher’s Magazine, The Daily Mail Newspaper and on BBC Breakfast Radio. She also writes for health blogs and magazines, such as Dental Hygiene and Therapy Magazine (UK). Anne was also invited to Lecture at King’s College/University London 2012, where she spoke on Dietitians and Social Media and has worked on large social media and marketing projects with Nestle and Merck.
Examples of articles written by Anne include :How to counsel Clients with Type 2 Diabetes : for Dental Therapy and Hygiene magazine
Anne has a strong twitter following with @amdietetics and regularly contributes to twitter chats. She curates the UK registered Dietitians list and manages the Australian Dietitians (APDs) and UK Dietitians in Private Practice (UK) LinkedIn groups.
Social media, writing and promotion services offered by Anne include:
• Hosted twitter chats
• Sponsored tweet series/Facebook
• Article writing and health blogs
• Producing communications for clients, patients and consumers
• Expert comment and branded campaigns
• Social media coaching for Dietitians
Please enquire for more details.